If you want to know how to activate Windows 11, read this post. If after downloading and installing Windows 11, you received the message: “Activate Windows. Go to Settings to activate Windows.” means that Windows 11 is not activated.
There are several reasons why the user needs to know how to activate Windows 11. For example, you found that your computer is compatible, you installed it. But, Windows 11 does not want to activate.
In this post, we will guide you through the steps necessary to activate Windows 11 after updating the operating system.
How to Activate Windows 11 After Upgrading Windows 10
If you upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 and it didn’t activate, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings.
- Click System.
- Find the message “Windows is not activated.“.
- Click the Activate now button.
5. Find the Change Product Key option.
6. Click on the Change button.
7. Enter the Windows activation code.
8. Click the Next button.
After following the steps above, Windows 11 will activate the operating system using the Windows 10 key.
How to Activate Windows 11 Using CMD
To activate Windows 11 from the command prompt, using the KMS keys offered by Microsoft, follow the steps below:
- Launch command prompt as administrator in Windows 11.
- Type: slmgr /ipk kmsclientkey.
- Press Enter.
- Type: slmgr /ipk “Windows 11 activation key”.
- Activate Windows 11 Home: TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
- Activate Windows 11 Home N: 3KHY7-WNT83-DGQKR-F7HPR-844BM
- Activate Windows 11 Home Single Language: 7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH
- Activate Windows 11 Home Country Specific: PVMJN-6DFY6-9CCP6-7BKTT-D3WVR
- Activate Windows 11 Professional: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
- Activate Windows 11 Professional N: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
- Activate Windows 11 Education: NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2
- Activate Windows 11 Education N: 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
- Activate Windows 11 Enterprise: NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
- Activate Windows 11 Enterprise N: DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4
5. You need to define a KMS server using the command slmgr /skms yourserver.
Tip: the server can be kms.msguides.com, kms8.msguides.com, etc.
- Type slmgr /ato.
- Press Enter.
After following the steps above, Windows 11 will be activated and the text in the right corner of the Windows 11 screen will disappear.
Learn how to activate Windows 11 after upgrading from Windows 10 and what activation keys you can use.
So, follow the steps above and tell in the comments if the Windows 11 activation worked correctly.