If you are asking yourself: do i need virus protection with Windows 11? And wants to know how to turn on virus protection in Windows 11, read this post. Microsoft Security, also known as Windows Defender or Windows Security, protects Windows 11 from virus and malware.
Knowing how to enable virus protection in Windows 11 is imperative. Because when the operating system starts, Microsoft security will protect the machine from malware and virus, in real time.
In this post, we will guide you through the necessary steps to protect Windows 11 from virus and malware.
How to protect your PC with Windows Defender from Windows 11
To protect data and files from virus in Windows 11, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings.
- Select Privacy & Security.
- Click Windows Security.
4. Click the Open Windows Security button.
- Virus and threat protection: Microsoft Defender monitors threats, runs scans, and obtains updates to detect threats and security issues.
- Account Protection: Handles access, sign-in options, and account settings, including Windows Hello.
- Firewall and Network Protection: Focuses on the Windows firewall and monitors what is happening on the network and internet connections.
- App and Browser Control: Includes Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, which helps protect against potentially dangerous apps, files, websites, and downloads.
- Device Security: Review security settings to protect against malicious software attacks.
- Device performance and health: Analyzes information about your device, helps you clean and download the latest update to keep your device performing optimally.
- Family option: helps keep kids safe online
5. Follow the instructions to turn on or log in to any protection services that have a red or yellow alert.
After following the steps required by the protection system, Windows 11 will protect your computer from virus. In addition, Windows Security will regularly download the latest antivirus definitions to stay ahead of new online threats.
Note: If you install another antivirus program, Microsoft Defender will be automatically disabled. If you remove the other antivirus application, Windows Security will turn Windows Defender back on to protect your device.
If you are asking yourself: do i need a virus protection for Windows 11? And wants to learn to stay protected with Windows 11 Security, using Windows Defender to prevent malware and virus issues.
So, follow the steps above and let us know in the comments if you were able to enable real-time virus protection on W11.