After setting up your new device, Windows 11 sets Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as your default internet browser, regardless of any other browsers you have installed in Windows 11.
The tech giant has been making it increasingly difficult to set a default browser on Windows other than Microsoft Edge. But, it is still possible to set any other browser as default. However, each link and file type that the new browser should open by default is required.
In this Windows 11 guide, we will walk you through the steps to set any browser other than Microsoft Edge as the new default on your device.
How to set google as default browser windows 11
To set a new default web browser in Windows 11, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click Apps.
- Click the Default Apps page.
4. Select the browser you want to use as the new default in Windows 11. For example, Google Chrome.
- Click on the .html option.
- Select the Swap Anyway option.
- Select the Google Chrome option.
- Click the OK button.
- Repeat the process for .html, .pdf, .shtml, .svg, .webp, .xht, .ftp, and .https.
After completing the steps, the system will make Chrome browser default on Windows 11.
Learn how to set Chrome as the default browser in Windows 11.
So, follow the steps above and tell us in the comments if you were able to change the default browser in Windows 11 according to your wishes.