If you want to know how to disable Windows Defender in Windows 11, read this post. Microsoft Defender, formerly known as Windows Defender, is a free Windows 11 antivirus that prevents the installation of viruses and malware on your computer. But, some users prefer not to use it.
Knowing how to disable Microsoft Defender in Windows 11 permanently is very important if you have another protection service or security program installed on your device.
In this post, we will guide you through the necessary steps to know how to turn off windows defender in Windows 11 permanently.
How to turn off Windows Defender on Windows 11 Permanently
To permanently disable Windows Defender on Windows 11, follow the steps below:
- Open System.
- Click Privacy & Security.
- Select Windows Security.
4. Click the Open Windows Security button.
- Click Firewall and Network Protection.
- Enter each of the profiles below to disable the Windows 11 firewall.
Domain network: is associated with a domain. This is mostly found in workplaces.
Private network: Where you know you trust devices on your network, and where devices are configured to be discoverable through network discovery.
Public network: Network in public areas such as airports, coffee shops, and others where devices are not configured to be discoverable.
- Click Virus and threat protection.
- Click the Manage Settings link.
- Turn off Real-time protection and Cloud-provided protection.
- Click Application and Browser Control.
- Turn off Scan apps and files and Smartscreen for Microsoft Edge.
After following the steps above, the system will turn off Microsoft Defender in Windows 11.
Learn how to turn off virus protection in Windows 11 permanently.
So, follow the steps above and let us know in the comments if you managed to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 11 correctly.