The Windows 11 ISO download, or version 21H2, is available in all editions (Pro, Home, Enterprise, Education, etc). But, only for 64bit processors. With a size of 5.1 GB, it may vary slightly depending on the selected language pack.
Version 21H2, also known as Windows 11 October 2021, will be made available gradually according to the location of the computer. But if you don’t want to wait for Windows Update notification to update, you can download the Windows 11 21H2 ISO to update your computer right away or perform a clean install from scratch.
After downloading the Windows 11 October 2021 disk image, you can create an installation cd using the Media Creation Tool or download the image from the Microsoft website.
In this post, we will guide you through the steps required to download and install the Windows 11 21H2 ISO.
How to download Windows 11 ISO
To download the Windows 11 October 2021 ISO, follow these steps:
- Access the link to download Windows 11 21H2.
- Locate the “Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)” section.
- Select Windows 11 from the drop-down menu.
- Click Download.
- Select your preferred language.
- Click 64-bit download to start the process.
How to install Windows 11 ISO
To install the Windows 11 ISO, use these steps:
- Right-click Win11_English_x64.ISO and click Mount.
2. Open Windows Explorer and locate the drive that contains the media image.
- Double-click Setup.exe.
- Click Yes if Windows asks for administrator permission.
5. On the “Install Windows 11” screen, click Next.
6. On the next screen, you can choose to install any important updates before upgrading and click Next.
- Accept the Windows 11 License Agreement.
- Click Install.
- On the “ready to install” screen, be sure to select the option to keep personal files and applications.
- Click Install.
After following the above steps, the Windows 11 21H2 ISO image will be installed on your computer.
How to clean install Windows 11
To install Windows 11 from scratch, have an 8 GB USB stick on hand and follow the steps below:
- Download and run the Windows 11 installation tool from Microsoft.
- Allow setup to prepare your device and create installation media.
- Under “Choose which media to use”, select USB stick.
- Click the Next button.
- Select your flash drive.
- Click Next once more.
- Select Finish to start the Windows 11 ISO download process and create the USB installation drive.
Note: after following the steps above, boot the computer from the USB stick. The key that must be pressed to change this setting may vary depending on your computer manufacturer.
- Boot using the USB stick.
- Click Install Now.
- Select your language.
- Click Next.
12. Select “I don’t have a product key” and click Next.
Note: Windows will be activated as the license is usually linked to the Microsoft account.
- Accept the license agreement and select Next.
- Select Custom Installation and choose the installation partition.
- On the next screen, select the Windows edition. In our case, we selected Windows 11 Pro.
- Click Next.
- Select your country or region.
- Click Yes.
- Enter your PC name and click Next.
- Proceed with the password and WI-FI settings.
After following the steps above, Windows 11 will perform a clean install from scratch on your device.
Follow the steps above to learn how to download windows 11 disk image and update your computer. We also teach you how to mount Windows 11 ISO image and perform a clean installation.
So, follow our tutorial and leave a comment below saying if it’s working correctly.